Brushing your teeth is important, and it is important to that you use teeth-cleaning utensils that do the job right. In order to ensure that you receive maximum benefits from your teeth-cleaning tools it is important that they are cleaned and cared for on a daily basis. If you let your toothbrush fall into disrepair, it will not be able to function as intended and can actually cause further damage to your smile. Additionally, always make sure that you are storing your brush safely so that it does not become contaminated.
To properly care for your toothbrush, we encourage you to review the points below:
– Never share your toothbrush with anyone else, and never let anyone else use your toothbrush. Doing so can cause contamination.
– Store your toothbrush in an upright position and away from other toothbrushes to help prevent contamination. It can also help to store your toothbrush in an airtight container where it cannot collect moisture.
– Always make sure you are using a toothbrush that is long enough and sturdy enough to clean all areas within your mouth. Furthermore, make sure your brush has soft bristles.
– Use easy-to-use toothbrushes, like electric ones, if you struggle to use traditional brushes.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months, or earlier if it becomes contaminated.
Are you taking care of your toothbrush so that it can take care of your teeth and gums? Always Dental Care remains committed to your oral health, and we welcome you to set up an appointment with our doctor by calling 484.392.7687. Dr. Truong Nguyen and our team look forward to having you visit our dental office in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.