As we age, our teeth won’t be far behind. However, unlike our eyes and ears, we can keep our teeth in excellent condition diligent daily upkeep in our oral hygiene habits. The more we care for our teeth and gums, the more they will care for us. Not matter how old you are, your teeth still need your care.
Following are a few healthy hygiene habits that can keep your smile bright:
- Make Time for your Dentist: Make sure you visit your dentist as directed for a professional cleaning or oral exam.
- Brush Daily: Brush at least twice a day using soft bristles. If manual brushing is too difficult, use an electric toothbrush.
- Clean Your Dentures: If you have dentures, be sure to remove them and clean them daily.
- Avoid Hard Snacks: It’s important to avoid hard snacks that can damage your weakened teeth. Hard snacks include hard lollipops, popcorn kernels, or chewing on ice.
- Quit Bad Habits: If you smoke, drink heavy alcohol, or chew tobacco, you are at a much higher risk for gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss, and cancer.
- Floss Daily: Floss at least once a day using floss or a dentist-approved flossing tool.
If you would like to schedule a visit with our dentist at Always Dental Care, please call 484.392.7687 today. Dr. Truong Nguyen and our team in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, look forward to helping you maintain your healthy, confident smile!