The year has sprung anew once more, but your oral health care habits should remain the same. Safe and effective oral health care habits should not change year-to-year like passing diet fads do because oral health care habits are proven most effective for your everyday care. Although additional measures such as professional cleanings can take your teeth to another level, on a daily basis it is up to each individual to play their role in providing their own teeth with the necessary care and due diligence.
Here are some common techniques for daily oral health and their benefits:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. Truong Nguyen, stop by Always Dental Care at our office in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania to book an appointment, or call us at 484.392.7687. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!