Can you recognize the signs and symptoms of gum disease? If not, you are not alone. Many people suffer from gum disease without even knowing it until it has progressed to an advanced stage. That is why, recognizing the early signs and symptoms can help prevent any long-term or harmful effects.
Our doctor, Dr. Truong Nguyen at Always Dental Care in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, is pleased to share some information on how to spot gum disease.
Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of gum disease with these tips:
– Do you have bleeding gums? Do they frequently bleed while brushing, flossing or eating? If so, you may have gum disease.
– Did you know that an extreme tooth sensitivity associated with pus or sores between your teeth and gums is an identified symptom of gum disease?
– Gum recession is a condition in which your gums pull back away from your teeth, which can be caused by gum disease.
– Inflammation, swelling, tenderness or any other changes within your gums may be an early indication of gum tissue infections and gum disease.
– If your teeth are moving or sliding out of position, that is a good indicator of gum disease.
– If you struggle when trying to bite into food, gum disease may be a potential cause.
Recognizing this condition is essential to early treatment. If you are concerned about gum disease and you would like to make an appointment, please call us today at 484.392.7687. Our dental team is always happy to help you and improve your oral health in any way we can.