There is no need to fear cavities this time of year, thanks to our awesome dental staff here at Always Dental Care in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. That is because our team has provided great tips and advice to helping you keep your family safe from oral disasters like cavities and gum disease.
Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
If you would like to come in for more advice or have a dental cleaning, please come by our office today or give us a call at 484.392.7687. Our team is happy to address your concerns when it comes to your oral care. So, this season, we wish you a happy and healthy Halloween.