Digital X-rays are a safe, helpful diagnosing tool. Our dentist uses them to spot any dental issues that are difficult to detect with the naked eye. At Always Dental Care, we utilize digital X-rays to:
– Detect changes in the root canal or the surrounding bone from infection
– Help Dr. Truong Nguyen prepare for dental implants, dentures, or other procedures
– Detect an abscess
– Detect and diagnose other abnormalities
– Detect decay that is not visible with the naked eye
– Locate decay beneath an existing filling
– Reveal bone loss caused by gum disease or other issues
Having X-rays taken can help our dentist detect, diagnose, and treat any dental issues that you may have early, when they are easier to treat. This can save you money and discomfort.
Dr. Truong Nguyen will decide how often to take your X-rays depending on your dental history and your current dental health. Some individuals need to have digital X-rays taken of their teeth as often as every six months. If a patient has no recent issues like gum disease, they may only need to have dental X-rays taken once a year, or once every few years. For new patients, our dentist may take X-rays as part of the initial exam. This will give us something to compare any changes in your oral cavity to over time.
We welcome you to contact our dental office today to learn more about digital X-rays and to schedule your next appointment with our dentist in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.